While cash donations make it possible for STAND! to continue providing its comprehensive, life-changing services, items on this list are welcome.
For more ideas of specific items that our programs have requested, view our Current Program Needs and our Amazon Wish List. Additionally, when you make purchases through Amazon Smile and select STAND! as your favorite charity, a portion of proceeds will benefit us. You can also learn more about our seasonal material needs by checking out our volunteer section.
Due to limited storage space, we might be unable to accept used clothing and large furniture. We are also unable to accept used car seats or car boosters; we can, however, accept other used baby equipment as long as it has not been involved in a recall.
Donations are accepted on Monday's from 10am-12pm. Please contact us BEFORE dropping off to see what we can accept or to arrange a drop off time. Walk-ins are not accepted.
For more information contact: email@example.com
Kitchen, Bath, and Home
- Full sized toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, toothpaste, feminine products, hair brushes, toothpaste, deodrant etc.
- Diapers size 4, 5, 6 & wipes
- Dark colored bath towels
- Household cleaning products: laundry detergent, soap, etc.
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Airtight food storage containers for bulk dry goods in shelter pantry
- Trash cans for each bedroom and bathroom
- Bath rugs
- New towel sets
- Bulletin boards
- Waterproof mattress pads/covers (twin sizes)
- Twin size sheet sets & comforters
- Pillows & pillow cases
When our Emergency Response Team meets women and children to take them to a safe place, they also give them kits filled with daily essentials. The following portable necessities will provide immediate help to families as they get situated. Brand new, unopened items will be assembled into kits that will be ready for the team as the need arises.
- Sweats - sets of tops and bottoms (sizes M, XL)
- Bra/Sports Bras (sizes M, L)
- Socks (women's and children's sizes)
- Underwear (women's M, XL and children's sizes)
- Can openers (handheld)
- Quick & easy meals (Instant oatmeal, microwaveable macaroni & cheese cups, cup o' noodles, spaghetti O's, etc.)
- Bottled water
- Fast food restaurant gift certificates
- Children's activities (Coloring books, crayons, puzzles)
- Transportation tickets (BART, bus, etc)
- Calling cards
- Art supplies
Gift Cards & Passes
- Guest passes for zoos, museums, parks, and other attractions (for our youth prevention programs & mentoring programs)
- BART tickets (useful for parents to get to and from job interviews)
- Bus passes (useful for parents to get to and from job interviews)
- Gas cards (To help clients get to and from interviews, appointments, etc.)
- Target gift cards (especially during holidays so moms can buy gifts for their own children)
- Grocery store gift cards
- Home Depot gift cards (used for cleaning supplies and materials for improvement projects)
- Flip flops (adult women sizes or one size fits all)
- Slippers (adult women sizes or one size fits all)
- New shoes (female adult sizes and children's all sizes)
- Socks (all sizes)
- Women’s pajamas (sizes M, L, XL)
- Women's leggings (sizes M, L, XL)
- Children’s pajamas (all sizes boy and girl)
- Women’s jogging suits (sizes M, L, XL)
- Toiletries (unopened, full-size items): Deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, tampons, toothpaste, toothbrushes