Family violence is a complex and widespread issue. Whether you realize it or not, family violence is happening to someone you know :
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will be abused by an intimate partner.
- 1 in 5 teens will experience teen dating violence.
- 5 million children in the U.S. live in homes where domestic violence occurs.
Learn more about STAND!'s work: browse our latest newsletters, annual reports, and more | see our impact
Sign up for our email list to stay up to date.
To end the cycle of family violence, we first need to break the silence around the topic. You can raise awareness with friends and family, encourage others to seek help if they are in danger, and have meaningful, thought-provoking conversations.
- Tell others about STAND!'s 24-Hour Toll-Free Crisis Line: 1-888-215-5555
- Be inspired by survivors' stories and share your inspiration
- Dispel myths such as the most commonly asked question, "Why don't they just leave?"
- Write a Letter to the Editor.
- Join STAND!'s Speaker's Bureau. Educate others and tell your story or invite us to speak to your group.
- Organize a fundraiser
There are many ways you can support STAND!
- Make a gift
- Donate items
- Contribute to STAND! while you shop
- Purchase items off of our Amazon Wish List
- Come to an event
Ongoing and one-time volunteer opportunities are available. Find something that fits your interests and skills. We provide all the training and support you need. Read more
Take the pledge
I STAND! for safe and strong families
I will treat my partner and my children with respect.
I will offer to help families under stress.
I will learn to identify the signs of domestic violence and child abuse.
I will intervene when I see someone being abusive toward their partner or child.
I will help those being abused find the resources they need to heal.