The Board of Directors serves as the legal, ethical, and fiduciary oversight for STAND! For Families Free of Violence. Comprised of a diverse group of community leaders, the Board of Directors provides high level planning, outreach, and accountability to Survivors in Contra Costa County.
Some of the key duties of a Board Member includes:
- Attend all board and committee meetings, functions, and special events
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, polices, and programs
- Inform others about the organization
- Assist with carrying out fiduciary responsibilities
- Serve with integrity on committees and special assignements
- And more!
Traits we look for in prospective Board Members:
- A sense of humor
- Community-building skills
- A developed sense of personal values
- And more!
Once you have submitted the Application, please schedule a 1 hour interview with the Board Chair and Rhonda James, CEO.
Attend a Board Meeting to learn more about STAND!.
A schedule of upcoming Board Meetings is provided upon request.
Note: During the shelter-in-place ordinance, we will be conducting interviews through video conferencing if you have access to the technology.