I hope this mid-year note of gratitude finds you and your loved-ones well. I want to share with you the impacts of your ongoing and generous financial and volunteer support.
Thanks to you, our generous supporters, STAND! has made it through this year – finding ways to do our work with each new twist of the pandemic:
- We have found innovative ways to shelter residents off-site from our shelter, so that they remain apart, healthy, and safe and we are now slowly increasing our emergency shelter occupancy as health regulations allow.
- We have adapted new technologies to ensure the 24-hour crisis line, online counseling, and community engagement remains active.
- We have taken advantage of this time to renovate and improve our shelter and transitional housing facilities.
- With support from community partners, we developed and maintained a learning “hub” at our residential site to keep children engaged in remote learning.
- We continued portions of our volunteer work on-site by bringing single family “pods” on-site to clean, paint and prepare Emergency Shelter and Transitional Housing spaces.
We are exhausted but also inspired! And it was your generosity that made our survival possible.
Please accept our heartfelt appreciation and an invitation to consider a gift of springtime support as STAND! continues to recover and serve post-pandemic.
Rhonda James, MA, LMFT